Entry Requirements

International Students Entry  Requirements

Students must:

  • Be 18 years and above.
  • Have completed at least the equivalent of Year 12.
  • Have an IELTS score of 5.5 or equivalent (test results must not be more than 2 years old).

English language competence can also be demonstrated through documented evidence of any of the following:

  • Have been educated for 5 years in an English-speaking country.
  • Are a citizen and passport holders of UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.
  • Have successfully completed the senior secondary certificate of education or study at Certificate IV level or higher in Australia within two years of applying for a student visa.
  • Foreign affairs or defence sponsored students.


Where evidence of English language is required, the following minimum English language test score from the following providers will be accepted:

English language provider testMinimum scoreMinimum score where combined with at least 10 weeks ELICOSMinimum score where combined with at least 20 weeks ELICOS
International English Language Testing System5.554.5
*Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) paper based527500450
TOEFL internet based test463532
Cambridge English: Advanced (Certificate in Advanced English)162154147
Pearson Test of English Academic423630
Occupational English Test**PassPassPass

*The TOEFL paper based test will only be accepted from limited countries.
**The Occupational English Test includes a mark between A and E. An A or B is considered a pass.

General Information

At the Australian College of the Professions we are committed to the provision of high quality vocational education and training.

Our pledge is to enrich your life, provide you learning in a fun, caring and responsive environment and open up a world of opportunity for you.

Our training facility is located in Sydney’s CBD which is a great place to study and easily accessible to students.


Migration regulations in Australia require international students to show evidence that they can contribute to the cost of living and studying in Australia. This helps to ensure students are better able to make the most of their studies and have a safe and enjoyable experience in Australia. While international students are able to supplement their income with money earned through part-time work in Australia, the living costs’ requirement helps to support the success of students in their studies by ensuring that they don’t have to rely on such work to meet all their expenses. From 1st October 2019 the 12 month living cost is:

  • You – $21,041
  • Partner or spouse – $7,362
  • Child – $3,152

Students must demonstrate that the funds they are relying upon to meet the costs of studying in Australia will be genuinely available to them during their stay in Australia. For more information visit the Study in Australia website at:


On the first day of your course, we will deliver an orientation session to you which includes an induction session. It’s vital that you attend this as we will cover the following topics:

  • Course information.
  • Facilities and resources available at our campus.
  • Emergency evacuation procedures.
  • Your rights and responsibilities as a student.
  • Support services available.
  • Legal, emergency and health services.
  • Safety relevant to Australia and your environment.
  • Critical incidents and critical incident reporting
  • Policies about course progress, attendance monitoring, deferral, suspension and cancellation, course transfer and our complaints and appeals process.
  • Student visa conditions related to course progress and attendance.
  • Information about work rights.
  • Question and answer session
  • Assistance in creating your USI if you have not done so already.

For more information please refer to Student handbook posted on


You must have student healthcare cover before arriving in Australia and for the duration of time you are in Australia – this is a visa requirement of the Department of Home Affairs. For further information about OSHC and other optional insurances visit


Student visa holders can work up to 40 hours every two weeks (fortnight) during study terms and unlimited hours during school holiday breaks. For more information on popular industries for students to work in, your rights and responsibilities, your employer’s rights and information about the Fair Work Ombudsman visit:


As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and CRICOS Education Provider registered with Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), we have an obligation to ensure the quality of the nationally recognised training and assessment we deliver.

We must comply at all times with the Standards for RTOs 2015, which are part of the VET Quality Framework, as well as the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 and the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code).



USI is the acronym for Unique Student Identifier. It is a reference number that creates an online record of your training and qualifications attained in Australia. If you don’t have a USI, then you can’t be awarded your qualification or statement of attainment.

Under the Unique Student Identifiers Act 2014, all RTOs must ensure they have a valid USI for any student that enrols in nationally recognised training from 2015.  This means (unless you have an exemption issued by the USI registrar) that as a student you must provide us with your USI. For information about USIs including how to create one visit

For information on exemptions visit:

If you are having trouble creating a USI, we will assist you during the orientation session on the first day.